Monday, February 8, 2010

MANCAT MONDAY: DYLAN THE CLOWN PRINCE

Dylan is normally very single-minded.  When he wants something, he doesn't give up -- easily, anyways.  He is also a bit of a clown.  It's his facial expressions that get me every time!  Mostly he looks rather alarmed at something, but it has a hilarious effect.

Here he is just out on the front bench, and then making an awkward transition back to the front porch where he decides that he desparately wants back inside.  Silly boy, er mancat!

Am I being tailed by any chance?


It's a split decision.  Do I go this way or that?

(Maybe if I speak to it nice, it will open.)  "I adore you, door.  You're my one and only!"

Gotta think a little harder.  I hear sticking your tongue out helps your concentration.


Or staring hard off into the distance!

Time to regroup even though I'm all by myself.


I has to get up to scratch if I wanna get in!

Oops!  My claws got stuck in the wedderstripping!

I guess I better just wait for my mama!  Where are you mama???

So we leave our mancat, forlorn and out of luck.  Not every story has a happy ending.  And everyone, including mancats can't always have what they want -- at least not immediately!

Patience, my pet!

21 comments:

Daisy said...

Dylan's expression in that first photo cracked me up!

8GR8LOLCATS said...

Dylan you are certainly the comical clown kitteh! LOVE all those exPURRessions on your face!

Cats in trees said...

Doors are stupid. The only thing they have to do is open or close. And they can't even do that right.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

You were asking very nicely. you were looking a little desperate!

Amy & the house of cats said...

Dylan I love these - in the profiles you look like you are smiling a bit and it is very cute!

Pip said...

Very nice picshurs! But really- patience? cats?
Is a very sad story...

Lisa + current cat said...

We just love Dylan's expressions too. He sure is purrsistent.

SASS....Sammy Andy Shelly Sierra said...

You are one handsome mancat, Dylan, and we love the expressions you get on your face. We hope you soon got in????? xxxxxxxxxxx

Noll's Nip said...

We cats always want to be on the other side of any closed door.

Milo said...

Awwww ... Dylan is way too cute not to get his own way!

PS: Dommy, I've reserved a table for us on Valentine's night so keep that evening espeshully for me.

Milo xx

HubbleSpacePaws said...

Dylan, you are such a stitch! Your mom knows best now!

Anonymous said...

You're so funny, Dylan!

One Cats Nip said...

Oh wow Dylan your face honey your face. You always look so surprised 0_0 your adorable

SuziQCat said...

You do have some great facial expressions! Of course, the commentary is spectacular as well!

Lisa Kolosey said...

What a great series on Dylan! His expressions are priceless. I love to watch cats think and also capture it on "film" if I can.
~Lisa Co9T

Cindy said...

Love his first expression. He looks like a nice big cat. Is he heavy?

The Monkeys said...

You have pretty awesome facial expressions Dylan! I think Samson and you are very similar that way.

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Now I thought we Maine Coons were the clowns!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We hope you got in before you got frozen toesies Dylan.

The Island Cats said...

Dylan, you are one handsome mancat! And you have a very expressive face!

Cory said...

Dylan, you are so very handsome you are making us purr...and laugh a little bit too!