Tuesday, February 23, 2010

DOMINO: SHE WHO HESITATES STILL GETS WET FEET!

It's Tuxy Tuesday and my darling Domino is on the deck bench in the back.  It's still not entirely clear of snow, though we're about 98% there.  In this first picture you can see Domino daintily stepping around the clump of snow.  Heaven furbid, those little tootsies should get wet!

By the way, these photos are shown in the sequence in which they were taken.


Domino thinks it's time to go back inside now.  She's had enough fresh air and wants to warm up.

Hmmmm!  Just more of the white stuff over there.

That back door is so close, I can taste it!


Let's see if it's any better over here!


Brrrrr!  It just looks so icy.  Better not jump.


Let's try back over this way, again!  That's even worse -- it's just deeper!


This is such a dilemma!


What's a girl to do?


Domino finally takes the plunge -- one foot at a time.


Well, it wasn't as bad as I thought, but my feet still got wet -- except for this one!


Damn!  If I had jumped off over here, I could have avoided it all!

I think Domino learned a lesson here, and that is to look further afield before you leap (or step daintily, in this case)!

15 comments:

Lisa Kolosey said...

Yes, it seems like she overthought that one! Funny girl.
~Lisa Co9T

8GR8LOLCATS said...

I don't know Domino... I think you and I will both be MUCH happier when the sPURRing arrives. Wet toes are better than icy wet toes!

Kea said...

Domino, someone should have thrown a cape--er, a coat--down onto the snow to protect your delicate paws. Or better yet, just picked you up, not let you fend for yourself. Oh, the horror of wet feet!

Anonymous said...

domino, how did you get over there in the first place without getting wettie feets?! i do not really mind wet feets myself. sometimes i play with my mommeh's shower water. i think i am not a very typical cat. but i do hate having a wet head so i can understand where you are coming from. go get dry and warmies now!

Anonymous said...

Poor Domino! Wet feet are no fun!

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

Dommy,

If I was there I wud throw my cloak down for yoo to walk on, to save yoor paws getting wet! Like Sir Walter Raleigh did for Queen Elizabeth 1! Except the Queen had feeties instead of pawsies.

Love Milo xx

Sweet Purrfections said...

I thought the last picture would be of you picking up Domino to bring her inside. That's what I would expect my mom to do for me.

Amy & the house of cats said...

Oh poor Domino - no girl should have wet paws! But that is one of the problems with winter - if you like to go outside it is a risk! We hope you dried off quickly!

Daisy said...

Domino, maybe you need some cute little galoshes!

Lisa + current cat said...

She's so cute holding her one little paw up. Good thing they didn't all get wet.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

WE always love seeing Domino on Tuesdays!

purry purrs
Abby

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Poor Domino definitely didn't want cold wet toesies.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

We know your toes were cold and wet!

Quill and Greyson said...

You need some extra fur on your pads. Ask Dante for some.

The Kitty Krew said...

Awww, poor Domino. The least your mom could have done for you is to clear that little bit of snow off the bench at least so you didn't have to step around it while considering your options! Sheesh, they're so clueless... ;)

purrs and hugs,
The Kitty Krew