Saturday, May 30, 2009

DYLAN' S STILL MISSING

I just wanted to thank all of you for your support. I've had missing cats before, and one came back and one did not. I'm hopeful for Dylan though because he ran away before we could even get him in the car -- he was right in front of our house. So, he must be in the area somewhere.

However, we back on some wooded ravines that go for miles in either direction. I sure hope he didn't go back there.

We have done what we can for now, and it's just a waiting game. We put in a Lost Pet Report at our local Humane Society (there's only one), and posted flyers with his picture on all the community mailboxes around here, as well as one at the local vet's office, which is the only one that is close at all.

We've alerted neighbours to look out for him and have set out food in the front and back, as well as some socks with the scent of mama on them (I got this suggestion from a list of things to do when your pet is lost). I sat outside in the back and then the front with the other cats, too and called for him. So hopefully the smells of home will waft his way and lure him back soon.

I just hope that he hasn't gotten tangled and trapped somewhere because of the leash.
I'll post again when there's news of some sort.

Thanks once again for all the prayers and good wishes for Dylan's safe return. It really helps.

15 comments:

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

I did this to my Meowm one time...slipped my leash. I didn't go far, but it took Meowm two hours of searching for me before she heard me calling from my hiding place. Good luck and we are purring for Dylan.

Junior

Samantha & Mom said...

Purrrrs, purrrrrrrs, purrrrrrs and tail wags!!
Your FL furiends,

Daisy said...

Oh no, I just found out about Dylan. I hope he returns home, and right away! Sending my best purrs and positive thoughts.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh man, we just hear dat Dylan is missing! We'll start purring and purraying right away! If he got cawt by his leash we're sure dat someone will hear him screaming his head off...at least we would sure do dat!

Jans Funny Farm said...

Have you checked around bushes in the immediate area,in case he tried to hide and got caught in vegetation? I couldn't find a cat once for about 3 days and it was right next door but too scared to meow. Hope you find Dylan soon.

ZOOLATRY said...

Keep holding on Wendy... miracles do happen...
we're purring and praying.

Quill and Greyson said...

I was so hoping to read he was back already, as were you I'm sure. We are both sending best thoughts and even Mom is purring.

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

I just know that Dylan is very close to the house! Sit very quiety outside. Don't call him. You might get open some human tuna and put it outside. The smell of that travels quite a distance. If you are outside and quiet, chances are that he will find you.

Sending lots of prayers and purrs.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Wendy, WE know you are sick over this. WE will continue to purr and pray and hope!

The Florida Furkids said...

Still purring and purraying for Dylan's safe return.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

The Island Cats said...

Oh no! We just heard about Dylan! Please, Dylan, come home...your mom is worried sick about you!!!

We are revving up our purr motors for Dylan to make a safe return home!

The Cat Realm said...

We are purring like crazy that you'll find Dylan!!! We know he'll come back! And if he doesn't show up in the next few days you'll find him because he will start meowing!!! (In case he really is entangled somewhere) Lots of cats in the CB have been missing for days - sometimes weeks - and showed up again! PUURRRRRRRRRRSSSS
The Cat Realm

Poppy Q said...

We hope you find Dylan soon.

Our local lost pets dept, suggests making a laminated poster and pinning it to your fence/gate. Usually this makes people stop and read it.

Whenever mum can't find me, she takes out her keys and rattles them, or she takes out a can of fancy feast and a knife and bangs them together. Cause if I am hiding she knows my ears are still working, and usually I am home within a couple of minutes.

Good luck with your search.

Milo and Alfie said...

It sounds like you've done all the right things to encourage him back. We know how worried you must be. We are purring for Dylan's safe return.

Anonymous said...

Oh, dear! I just found out about Dylan. Gandalf ran off once when we first moved to Georgia. He was gone overnight and I was beside myself. We are all sending "Come home soon, Dylan!" thoughts.

Gandalf and Grayson, and Whitey and the gang.